What's New at Auburn Family Medical Center!
- If you haven't already received your influenza vaccine for this year, we encourage you to do so. We no longer have any adult flu shots available at our clinic but you can get the vaccine at most local pharmacies.
- What exactly is an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)?
- ARNP's are similar to physician assistants except that they have received more advanced training in diagnosis and management of acute illness, injuries and chronic disease. Both Shannon and Jessica have obtained a Master's degree and passed a national certification and licensure examination. They are able to perform thorough histories and physical exams as well as order labs, diagnostics, prescribe medications and refer to appropriate specialty providers when necessary.
- We want to reinforce that while the hospital next door has transitioned ownership to MultiCare, Auburn Family Medical Center is still an independent group and have not been affected by the sale in any way. Our clinical operations and referrals to local specialty physicians remains the same.
- Don't forget about our web-based Patient Portal, providing you secure electronic access to schedule appointments, view lab tests and access trustworthy patient education databases. Please make sure to speak with the front desk at your next appointment to sign up!
- Just a reminder, our office does have a provider on call 24 hours a day. For life-threatening situations, call 911. For all other urgent concerns outside of office hours, you can reach the on-call provider by dialing 253-939-3604. The on-call provider can give you advice as well as direct you to the appropriate level of care should you require an in-person assessment to include either an Urgent Care or the Emergency Room. What is the difference?
- Urgent Care: Provides walk-in appointments for non-life threatening medical problems or problems that could become worse if you wait. Usually opened extended hours in evening and on weekends.
- Emergency Room: For very serious or life-threatening problems. They are not a place to go for common illness or minor injuries.