Doing the right thing for our patients since 1978
Use the links below to browse useful information for you and your families.
- Healthcare reform and you
- Health Care Reform recently introduced by the federal government has created and established several programs for medical clinics to improve health care quality. AFMC has adopted these changes which will positively affect you as a patient, both directly and indirectly. These programs include:
- Meaningful Use More » Designed to increase quality, safety and efficiency in medicine through improving care coordination and sharing of information among medical professionals while protecting the privacy and security of your personal health information.
- Clinical Decision Support System More » Designed to assist clinicians in providing comprehensive preventative and chronic disease management, including alerting us to dates of follow-up diagnostic testing and care.
- Physician Quality Reporting Initiative More » PQRI works along-side the CDSS to enhance quality of care through focused improvement in specific areas. This is achieved through our electronic health records and the use of e-prescribing - linking medication prescriptions to pharmacies electronically rather than by fax or hard copy.
- Office policies
- Most major insurances are accepted. Please check with your individual insurance company prior to making an appointment to verify coverage.
- Prescription refills - Medications should be refilled during office visits. However, sometimes events happen that require a temporary refill of prescriptions until you can be seen at the office. If this is the case, please notify our office and allow up to 48 hours for the medication to be available. It is our policy that pain medications, sedatives and/or controlled-substances will not be filled outside of regular office hours or by the on-call physician.
- Cancellations and late appointments - Out of consideration for other patients, please call 24 hours in advance to cancel an appointment. It is also helpful to notify us if you are running more than 10 minutes late for a scheduled appointment.
- Patient education
- Web-based patient portal - Access the most up-to-date health information.
- Familydoctor.org - Excellent resources on healthy lifestyles, common medical conditions, self-management of acute and chronic diseases and many various procedures.
- Children's Hospital in Seattle - Excellent pediatric information online.
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma - Excellent pediatric information online.
- American Diabetic Association website - Accurate and up-to-date information on diabetes.
- American Heart Association website - Accurate and up-to-date information on heart disease, stroke, heart failure and healthy heart diets.
- Mayo Clinic - Provides current information and news on various health topics.
- Quackwatch - Learn about miracle cures that sound too good to be true!
- National Institute of Health - A great resource for general health information.